We are in this together. At first ‘we’ means the producing team. We dream and conceptualize and try things out. We stumble. We laugh. We worry. We try again. There are so many joys to the effort: what is this podcast about again? Is the domain available? All the domain names in the world can’t be taken. Should we go with Word Press or Squarespace? How exactly does the mixer board work? What do you think about the music? How do we make it great?
We find our answers thinking about you. You think about the big questions. You are curious about the lives people lead and the work they do. You are interested in the choices people make. You wonder about the human condition and are energized by the human spirit. You are always learning. You care about this life that you are living and leaving the world a better place.
As we send our podcast into the universe ‘we’ becomes the producing team and you. You listening to podcasts on your smart phones. In your cars. On your laptops and desktops. On some future platform that Elon Musk is imagining at this very moment. You are drawn to the title to this podcast: On Life and Meaning. It promises something personal and universal and worthwhile. You listen to an opening of an episode. The sound of a voice in medias res. An introduction to a guest who is like you. An interview that informs and reveals. A personal word from the host at the end of the episode. Nice twist and story telling there. You’re in and willing to give it another go.
You understand that a podcast is a venture. Our funding model is sponsorship and direct support from our listeners. We invite sponsors who share our values and we rely on listeners to become patrons of the show.
The show becomes a co-creation. A relationship among and between. The mission of inspiring a more insightful and humane world matters to you. You lean in.
This is what you do:
- You listen to episodes.
- You subscribe to the podcast.
- You share your thoughts, engage with other listeners, and help build community on our Facebook page.
- You sign up for our email notice of new guests and behind-the-scenes news and notes.
- You tell your friends. In real life and through social media.
- You rate and review us on iTunes and your favorite directories.
- You become a patron of the show. It is a simple and vital way to support us on our journey. Patreon is a crowdsourcing platform that allows you to make a monthly contribution at a level you choose to sustain our work and receive rewards in return. Rewards include access to exclusive content and other benefits. Together we build something true and beautiful.
- You email us at email@example.com
- You root us on as we get better.
- You embrace our good wishes too.
Cheers to you. And to us.