BECKY WINKLER | DURATION: 47 MINUTES
Becky Winkler is a corporate psychologist who identifies and develops executive talent. She works with private equity, asset management and business clients throughout the world. She has led research on learning agility and predictors for executive success in collaboration with leading universities. Becky has conducted over a thousand executive-level assessments and coached numerous executives to breakthrough performance. It is the profound connection and meaningful perspectives she shares with others that inspires her work. Becky helps people more fully realize themselves - their talents, skills and aspirations - whether in her professional life traveling the globe or as board chair of a local chapter of a network of college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in educationally underserved communities. She graduated summa cum laude with degrees in psychology, women's studies and Chinese from the University of Georgia Honors Program. She earned an M.A and Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology from DePaul University.
This episode is perfect for anyone interested in the art and science of assessing executive talent, and the trade-offs of a business consultancy life 'up in the air.'
IN THIS EPISODE
- Becky explains her process for identifying and recommending talent to private equity and corporate clients.
- She shares the aspect of her work that is a constant playground.
- She discusses the five enabling elements of learning agility and the one disabling element that gets in our way.
- Becky assesses her own talents as a corporate psychologist.
- She responds to the question of whether she is like the fictional Wall Street psychologist and performance coach Wendy Rhoades.
- She talks about working with clients who are 'masters of the universe.'
- She shares how reading people professionally is very different than reading people personally.
- Becky reflects on her life growing up and the influence of her mother and father.
- She talks about the impact of losing loved ones and their presence in her life.
- She explains why she chose her fields of study and how she found her way to the work she does.
- Becky discusses the particular challenges and opportunities women executives have in their path to success.
- She shares the trade-offs of living life 'up in the air.'
- Becky shares what happiness and success is for her.
plus Mark's Personal Word Essay: You're Electrifying
To Learn More About Becky
- What struck you about Becky's story?
- What do you look for when you read people?
- How do you help others see their own brilliance?
- What do you want your life to be about?
We invite your posts on our Facebook page.
This episode is sponsored by Blumenthal Performing Arts, celebrating its 25th year presenting the best in performing arts.