CARLOS SALUM | Duration: 43 minutes
Carlos is a leadership performance strategist. He applies what he learned as a mental training coach in the elite competitive world of international tennis to help business leaders and peak performers 'go beyond their personal best.' Carlos creates immersive experiences and hosts conferences that blend art and science to shift insight into our identity and the value we create. He has led many lives: student, coach, immigrant, consultant, world traveler and mind explorer. He believes the quality of our lives depends on the quality of our thinking.
This episode is perfect for anyone interested in how mindsets shape performance and one person's journey to coach business leaders and peak performers throughout the world.
IN THIS EPISODE
- Carlos explains his work producing theaters of purpose to help business leaders achieve insight.
- He shares his understanding of the global and missionary mind.
- He discusses the influence of Richard Saul Wurman, founder of the TED conference and a self-described information architect.
- Carlos discusses his life as a student in Argentina during the 'disappearances' and how it impacted his life and career.
- He talks about the privileges and legacy of how he was raised.
- Carlos tells of a play he wrote in memory of an infamous massacre in Argentina.
- He shares how he left the study of literature, law and medicine to become a tennis coach to elite athletes.
- He talks about his work with Jim Loehr, a legendary sports psychologist, and their work with tennis star Gabriela Sabatini and the athletes who followed.
- He shares who inspired him to coach corporate athletes.
- Carlos explains what true leaders really do.
plus Mark's Personal Word Essay: Two Cathedrals and the Enlightenment
To Learn More About Carlos
- What struck you about Carlos' story?
- Is theater an element of what you do?
- What are your many mindsets?
- Who are you at your best?
We invite your posts on our Facebook page.
This episode is sponsored by Blumenthal Performing Arts, celebrating its 25th year presenting the best in the performing arts.